Recycling & Waste Disposal Rules
Recyclable - Drop-Off Site:
Location: 19435 Marquette Road, Reedsville, WI
Hours: 1st & 3rd Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Aluminum: Clean well & flatten. Includes aluminum cans, siding, dinner trays, foil wrap and pie pans
- Cans - Tin, Steel, Bi-Metal & Aluminum: Coated cans, foil and pie tins are acceptable if clean. Remove labels. Clean well and flatten.
- Cardboard: Must be corrugated (brown on inside when torn). Must be clean and dry, flattened, and boxed, bagged, or bundled. Brown paper grocery bags are recycled with cardboard. NO white or gray board or cardboard coated with wax, tin, or plastic.
- Glass - Clear, Green, & Amber: NO lids, caps, or rings. Must be clean and separated by color. Blue glass may be recycled with the green glass. Remove labels. NO window glass, light bulbs, clay items, ceramics, drinking glasses, or ovenware.
- Magazines & Newspaper: Paper must be clean and dry, and placed in a brown bag or bundled. Newspaper and magazines must be bundled separately.
- Plastic: #1 & #2 bottle-shaped containers accepted. Wash & flatten. NO caps or rings. Remove labels if easy to do so. NO motor or cooking oil bottles.
- Used Oil
- Per Recycling Ordinance 1.22, persons who violate may be required to forfeit no less than $25.00 nor more than $500.00 for subsequent violations.
Waste Disposal - Drop off Site:
- Ashes: Ashes cannot be dumped from November 1 to March 1.
- Garbage: All garbage must be placed in CLEAR plastic bags. There will be a charge assessed by the attendant for all materials for the dumpster that is not in the required bags.
Fees are as follows:
- $3.00 per clear bag;
- $6.00 per barrel;
- $20.00 for small pick-up loads or trailers and;
- $30.00 for large pick-up loads or wagons
Individual Responsibility ** Cost to be paid by the individual.
- Car Batteries: Batteries can be taken to:
- Tisler Salvage, 4167 Man-Cal Road, Reedsville (732-3669); or
- Alfred Muchin, 1600 S 26th Street, Manitowoc (684-3388): or
- Struebing Iron & Metal 1109 Deerview Road, Brillion (756-2334).
- Computers: Contact the Manitowoc County Materials Recovery Facility at 683-4333 for dates and times. Computer components are as follows: CPUs, monitors, printers, keyboards, laptops, modems, mouse, storage drives, terminals, and mainframes.
- Large Items: All large items such as air conditioners, boilers, carpet, clothes dryers, clothes washers, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, drywall, fiberglass insulation, freezers, furniture, furnaces, humidifiers, mattresses, ovens, refrigerators, shingles, siding (vinyl), stoves, televisions, toilet bowls, water heaters and water softeners must be taken by private or commercial haulers.
- Tires: Call the Manitowoc County Materials Recovery Facility at 683-4333 for dates and times of collection.
- Clean Sweep: Household hazardous chemicals are collected annually. Call the Manitowoc County Materials Recovery Facility at 683-4333 for dates and times of collection. Chemicals typically collected are: pesticides, non-latex paints, varnishes, shellacs, thinners, oven cleaners, polishes, spot removers, waste oil, and antifreeze.
- Yard Waste: Under the law, yard waste from either residential or commercial sources is banned from all landfills. Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, yard and garden debris and brush, including clean, woody vegetative materials no greater than six inches (6”) in diameter. Yard waste does not include: stumps, roots, or shrub with intact root balls. We urge all citizens to reduce and reuse yard waste.
ATTENTION LANDLORDS: Please inform all tenants of these rules. If additional Recycling and Waste Disposal Rules sheets are needed, contact the Town Clerk or the attendants at the Drop-off Site.
- Ridgeview Landfill is located at 6207 Hempton Lake Road, Whitelaw and their hours are: Mon-Fri, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM and Sat, 7:00 AM - 12:00 Noon.
- Manitowoc County Material Recovery Facility is located at 3000 Basswood Road, Manitowoc and their hours are: Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and Sat, 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon